Friday, October 12, 2012

Somebody Like You ...



I knew of your importance before I ever knew you.

I felt the loss of not having you before you even appeared.

I ached at not being able to touch you before hearing your voice.

Paralyzed by your image unfolding before me, I froze.

You were never meant to be real.

You were a dance inside my head,  

a fantasy whispering love songs into my soul.

Yet you came!

How could I react to knowing you were real?

To knowing every thought I had you knew ... 

every feeling I felt you felt?

How could I let you in when you were inside me ...

 silent, watching ...

I couldn't cross over to tell you I had been waiting ... 

waiting for you all along.

In the end all I had was fear ...

Fear of not being good enough ...

Fear of not ever knowing how to love ... 

Somebody like you.

1 comment:

Nina dales said...

Such a beautiful poem, so glad i came across this