I find myself thinking of you
more and more,
as though some invisible thread
still draws me toward you ~
though even those eternal threads
are beginning to fray.
I had one lifetime
to find you,
and somehow
even that was not enough.
Perhaps we are meant
to find each other again
in another sunrise,
beneath another beginning,
in a life where the timing
is finally ours.
But for now,
I have accepted
that there is only one thing left to say:
Goodbye, my love.
I have nothing more to offer
this lifetime.
I am weak.
I am broken.
And I am learning
how to heal the wounds
I carried while searching for you.
My flights are numbered.
My wings are wrapped
for the final voyages,
and I can feel the sun
beginning to dim.
Forgive me
for losing my faith,
for growing tired of the search,
for no longer being able
to carry the torch
through the fires of hell
just to find you.
I wanted to.
God knows
I wanted to.
But in this lifetime,
I have finally let you go.
I will carry your memory
with me into the next,
wherever that may be.
And if there is another beginning,
another sunrise,
another chance ~
I promise,
I will start again.
Goodbye, my love.
No comments:
Post a Comment